Monday, March 15, 2010

Dear Sisters,
Hey how are you all doing? Hey send this email to mom and stuff. Hey and Courtney are you putting all the emails I send to mom on my blog? And is mom sending you all the emails I send her? I hope! So Stephanie you asked about what I like to hear about in communications with me and the answer is what is happening during your week, its very interesting for me.
So this week was pretty good, alright I am going to tell you about the investigators, food, and weather. By the way what do you guys like to hear about?
So this past week we had five baptisms. The first one was on Wednesday we baptized this 13 year old boy named Iran. He was pretty cool and before he was coming to the chapel with his friend Pablo every night for seminary and futebol. And I baptized him! Also we baptized two girls yesterday named Andressa who is like 13 and Aparecida who is like almost 16 and they both live in the Benfica area. They kinda remind me of young women in America who are really awesome and smile all the time and stuff. In the Maraponga ward where there are no missionaries serving we baptized Marilha who is 16 and married to a inactive man named Jon and we also baptized a 14 year old named Berto. I baptized these two in Maraponga as well! Especially Marilha was like so awesome she had such a witness that we were speaking the truth. Everytime we tell someone to ask God if what we are saying is true and they have a sincere heart, every single time they will go home and read from the Book of Mormon and ask God and every time God answers their prayers through the power of the Holy Ghost. A side note. For a person to be baptized they have to have gone to church two times, keep the commandments that we teach them (law of chastity, word of wisdom, keeping the sabbath day holy, and tithing), have a testimony, and be taught the lessons in Preach My Gospel. Usually a person can get baptized really fast. They come to church on Sunday we teach them during the week, and if they are keeping all the committments and come to church again the next Sunday then we can baptize them after church. Oh and a cool thing with Marilha. Every time that my district leader, Elder Christensen, asks them who they want to baptize them I usually can know what will happen. It can either be Elder Carvalho who talks to them and laughs with them and really knows a lot about these people or it can be me, who is oblivious to most things, and usually just teaches the first part of a lesson or bears my testimony at the end. By the way that last sentence was supposed to be funny. Because I dont care it is just funny.....well anyway when Elder Christensen asked her and she was like I want it to be a very special person who worked so hard to communicate with me, and it was me!! I was so excited, not that is matters, but it was fun. :-D
So about food. I basically never eat breakfast because I am never hungry and this is common among missionaries in Brazil. Because at lunch we eat like so much, so much, I cant overemphasize how much we eat at lunch. Usually they have rice and beans and sometimes some feijoada which is like beans and sausage, and they sometimes have pasta, and steamed vegetables and stuff. And usually I pile it on my plate. Eat it all. Pile my plate full of food again, and then maybe half a plate more. So that is 2.5 full plates of food. WE usually have some legit juice or guaraná which is totally awesome, and then sometimes we have icecream for dessert. Sometimes we will stop by a bakery for dinner and pick up a salgada. Like today I wasnt even hungry for lunch even though I didnt eat dinner or breakfast.
So the weather is pretty hot, it has started to rain just a little bit but they say that more rain will come. Whenever we are in the street there is a breeze and its not bad.
Well I gotta go but I am sending some letters today hopefully. It will be there in about a month if I do. mmmmm Love you all and have an awesome day!!

Elder Willoughby

No comments:

Post a Comment