Tuesday, May 18, 2010

{May 17, 2010}

Dear Mom,
How are you doing? I hope you are doing really well!! Sounds like you guys had a really fun time in Utah. Congratulations on the good times!! You guys must have trained hard! How is everyone else doing?
Well everything here is really really good. I am doing well and am happy and healthy and everything. And I was transfered! I am now in Jerusalem. It is a ward in the Litoral Stake. And my new companion is Elder Porto. We are taking the place of 2 missionaries that finished their missions here and are going home tomorrow. He is from Rio Grande do Sul which is located at the very southern part of Brazil. He is really tall and I dont know that much about him because I have only been with him for a few hours so far. So we live with the zone leaders and our house is really big compared to my last house.
So this past week, well we taught a lot. One thing we did was help with the mother´s day dinner which was actually this last saturday night and not on mother´s day. Oh and that reminds me it was really good to talk to you guys on mothers day. Ive almost been out here 5 months now!! Time goes really really fast.
Well one more transfer down. THis transfer went really really fast. It was weird I feel like I walked and sweated and taught so much more this transfer but we only had 1 baptism! And my first transfer we had 12 but I feel like I did my best and the Lord cant ask any more than that.
So last week we taught Iracy a lot. She wants so bad to be baptized so bad and she is funny, she cries really easily but she totally will be baptized. She is the one of the ones that needs to be married. They have 3 sons and now all three sons are baptized. If they can get the oldest two to go to church with Iracy and Lucas, the father will go too and he will love it and want to be baptized and it will be awesome!
So some of the things I was thinking about that is funny about Brazil. One thing I like is the Barbecue, they sell bbq everywhere on the streets and a shishkabob type deal is only 1 real. And they have this agua de coco which is like coconut water, and they just cut a hole in the top of the coconut and put a straw in and you have a coconut full of cold pure water with coconut flavor which also costs 1 real. Also good is juice from sugar cane, also 1 real.
ONe thing that is funny is that in every single room in brazil has these things to hang a hammock on. I mean every single room. People are always like, do you guys want to rest a little bit, we have hammocks? ITs funny. I have always slept in a bed, but hammocks are only like 30 reais.
Well I am trying to send a photo of the baptism that we had but the computer is being stupid and I am not sure if it will go through.
Remember to choose the right and read the words of God in the scriptures and always pray!
Elder Willoughby

No comments:

Post a Comment